Context and aims of the inter-regional mission
After the flooding events of October 2015 in the Alpes-Martimes Department (South East of France), an action plan was dedicated for the mediterranean arc.
The French Minister of Ecology decided to organise a yearly campaign of sensibilisation allowing to explain the involved phenomenons and to prepare the life saving elements for citizens.
Such a campaign is carried out every year from the first of September to the middle of December in order :
- to develop a real risk culture ;
- to be prepared to face the events ;
- to involve all the stakeholders of prevention ;
In June 2017, the Prefect of the South safety area decided the creation of an inter-regional mission which is dedicated to prevention of the flooding in the mediterranean arc.
This mission has strong links with the civil safety authorities, the 4 concerned regions and the 23 departments exposed to rapid floods, and the territorial collectivities.
Aims of the inter-regional mission :
The aims of the inter-regional mission are :
- to reinforce the inter-regional coordination to apply the national policies ;
- to subscribe the action in the long term ;
- to assist the services and the territorial stakeholders to improve the performance of the practices and the tools for flood prevention ;
- to assure a zonal coherence in the operations ;
- to favorise an inter-ministerial work involving synergies between all the stakeholders
More details in the presentation :
- flood mission and campaign of sensibilisation on french med arc (format pdf - 2.1 Mo - 01/03/2018)